Girls need authentic community. We have never been more connected than we are today-our smart phones and social media allow us to talk to anyone, anywhere in the world, at any time, but girls lack connections that extend beyond the “likes” and comments they receive on Instagram.
With this technology, girls have instant, 24/7 access to the pressures we as parents left at school each day. With a push of a button, our daughters are exposed to cyber-bullying, sex traffickers, and inundated with endless reminders that they will never measure up to the culture’s ever-changing definition of beauty. It’s no surprise that studies show the average person becomes depressed in less than ten minutes after being on social media and that girls under the age of 10 are worried about their weight!
On top of this, our girls are dealing with school bullying, depression, mental and emotional health issues, self-harm, eating disorders, gender and sexual confusion, peer pressure, girl drama, tense family dynamics, social status, teen pregnancy, and academic pressures at an alarming rate.
Can you imagine taking a stand for your faith and
values in today’s culture, even if it meant standing alone?
The fear of being alone or different can drive a girl to hang out with the wrong crowd and take part in activities she normally wouldn’t. Even though she knows she’s making unwise choices, it’s a price she’s willing to pay to feel accepted.
Just knowing she has a solid, like-minded friend to sit with at lunch can elevate a girl’s sense of security and worth and give her a sense of belonging.
- Are discipled in their God-given purposes
- Learn to put into practice the virtues of Philippians 4:8
- Learn to take their thoughts captive
- Learn the importance of godly friendships
- Learn to look to Jesus-not boys or the culture to define their identity and worth
- Learn to live out their faith authentically in a culture that is constantly telling them to be someone else
- Receive resources to disciple their daughters in their God-given purposes
- Strengthen their mother-daughter bond
- Receive support encouragement from us and other moms
- Are equipped to parent intentionally
- Influence their families and communities for Christ
- Build healthy relationships with other moms
- Receive resources to disciple girls in their God-given purposes
- Receive support encouragement from us and other group leaders
- Influence girls, their families, and communities for Christ
- Live out the biblical mandate of multigenerational mentorship in Titus 2